“When I say ‘hero’ do not picture someone with the strength to fight and conquer evil–because evil is not something that can ever be conquered or defeated. Evil is natural–it is innate in all humans. But while it can’t be defeated … it can be controlled. In order to control it, and live the life of a true hero, you must learn to see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.” –Hayao Miyazaki
The new wordpress version of YA writer Janni Lee Simner's blog. See janni.livejournal.com for older blog posts and mirrored copies of more recent entries.
- parkour trening on Dear October: You may arrive now
- pameladlloyd on “Wanna make you believe / that the height of this tightrope / is just second nature to me”
- mini excavators on Your daily dose of jaguar cub bottle-feeding
- Janni Lee Simner on “There were dangers that befell the ones who wandered / But the fern moss just looked pretty in the snow”
- Janni Lee Simner on “I was quiet / you were reckless / and the boys liked you better / and in truth I did mind”